Thread: Howdy
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 09:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Howdy

Just wanted to pop in and say hey to everyone here.

Brand new to EQ. First time playing, the only reason i'm even doing so is because My Father-In-Law got me started playing this last week. He's been trying to talk me into it for a few weeks. I played Wow Classic, and while it was fun it quickly got dry once i hit 60 and overall the game just wasn't very difficult though you'd think different from the way some of my fellow gamers struggled to play their class - that and the toxic community (global chat).

So far, I found myself VERY Overwhelmed by the game. Mainly the fact that I haven't ever played and I don't have the Instruction Booklet that I'm sure came with this thing when you first bought it. I knew none of the keys and my first character died right off the rip when I finally found out it was the arrow keys and I walked right into the lake! (Gnome Enchanter) Lol, I deleted my first 3 attempts at a character because it was just easier than trying to go find my body. Didn't even know i needed to loot my body. Fortunately as mentioned, my father-in-law plays so when he did log in he was able to help me out a little bit.

The graphics are what they are, they remind me of runescape and warcrafts lovechild even though this was the chicken? egg? I don't mind them. The game is veryyyy grindy, and the fact that you can lose experience adds a sense of danger to the game. I do like the game so far, the only thing i'm not too fond of is the constant need to meditate. That and the UI is pretty horrible. The cool thing is, this game makes you pay attention to your surroundings so that WHEN you die you can find your body.

Either way, going to cut this short. Just wanted to stop in and say hey.

Ingame: Papacheeks - 11 Enchanter. Peace.