View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a big fun fan and I fell asleep during the movie.

I kept thinking "gosh dang they've got a lot of material to cover and it feels like it's already been 3 hours"

Legitimately I don't know how they made a movie longer than other dune films with almost zero content at all.

All back grounds were just like a flat grey thing with people on them??? I never even knew paul was inside what was supposed to be his bedchambers when he caught the mosquito bug and killed it. No time spent establishing them as living on arakis at all.

Really sterilized and lacking in basically everything.

Music was cool and the music video feeling of the movie was nice but I really am blown away that there could be no character development in a movie so long that progresses 1/3 the length of the first two dune films.

Bareley any time with Gurney, Duncan, Yueh. We've got no concept of anything.

Multiple helicoptor scenes back to back. Dad with helicoptor, mom and paul escaping on helicoptor, talking to duncan, and then suddenly needing to escape via helicopter again. I was just like ?? ?? Then once they escaped via helicoptor the final time there was like no desert traveling with paul and his mom they didn't even have stillsuits on then they show up at the sietch and fight? I'm totally blown away.

Hoping for a super duper directors cut with tons of voiceovers and scenes to make this music video into an actual film.
yeah it was alright, I got a little bored in the middle because DUNE is just, you know,

boring as shit sometimes. But overall it was a pretty great film.