View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK's don't do damage so it doesn't matter what their ratio is.
MMO-gamer-thinking detected...."If a character isn't the best at something, he can't do it at all." Silly, of course.

...However, that's the mindset you have to be prepared to deal with if you want to do high-end content on P1999 as a hybrid tank. Half the bigger guilds regard you as fluff and won't care what you do, and the other half will passively-aggressively whine at you to play something they like better. Go into it with a thick skin, or pick something else.

Note that Narandi's Lance, like all piercers, performs slightly worse than its ratio would suggest because piercing has a lower skillcap than blunt or slashing. The epic performs somewhat poorly on select raid bosses because P1999 has a non-classic feature where certain raid bosses are flagged as lifetap immune, blocking the proc. High-end, high AC bosses also favor fast weapons since a lot of hits skew towards the lower end of the spectrum...hence you see most high-end knights using 1H weapons most of the time. As a Shadow Knight who primarily solo's or duo's, the epic is extremely effective for me....if I wanted to do high-end raids regularly I'd regard it simply as another weapon or a situational tool. With the relative scarcity of hybrids at the high-end, Pal/SKweapons, at least the 2H examples, from temple veeshan must be able to be acquired cheaply by folks in the guilds that do such content.

Danth