Thread: Raid Changes
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Kobold

On my server it pretty much boiled down to if a guild cleared to the spawn location and was waiting with a raid-capable force, they had the spawn.

If one guild was sitting at every single spawn, defying the possibility of life out of EQ, then other guilds simply said screw this and went after it anyways. If there is a true no-life guild on the server, then rotation is the only answer.

Rotation is the only reasonable solution to two equally capable raid forces desiring the same mob time and time again. And they should reach that conclusion themselves after a few months of fighting over every single spawn. If not, then there's no way to stop the headaches than to just enforce it on them.

As someone that plays live at the very highest end game, and plays here in a casual guild, I presently have no vested interest right now. But, someday I will.

At the VERY LEAST it needs to be civilized within reason. Whoever is in the zone clearing to naggy with a raid capable force, should have the spawn. That doesn't mean 6 people clear to the spot and hold it while others exp on alts. If they can log the other 10 in before another guild is gathered at the clear spot then great, they win, but if not, then they lose it.

The bottom line is this, there is no reasonable solution unless you're dealing with reasonable people. As there is contention, you are not dealing with reasonable people with these two guilds. Until they decide to be reasonable and strictly abide by the above, then this is pointless discussion.