View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

My argument is that they shouldn't be trying to appease the players, and you apparently seem to be agreeing with me in that respect. The major part of p99 was to emulate the EQ experience, and the variance is taking massive crap on it. If they really wanted to make it happy-flowers-holding-hands they'd have put in a mandatory rotation, but they didn't because we said no. In fact, i still say no.

It's great reliving the leveling and grouping, and then you get to raiding and realize that it's nothing like you remember.

Geegoo, it is sort of silly. You can poopsock all you want if everyone knows when the thing died, but poopsocking doesn't mean you get the target. Without variance you'd need a new ruleset, therefore the notion that you get the target because you were there first is false. Therefore, get there 3 days before the spawn or 5 minutes, everyone has the same opportunity to drop it -- just like live. Poopsock holds no advantage. The only reason it was an advantage before was because people were abusing the rules we agreed to and it was something we failed to address. Variance as a mechanic is there only to make the GMs lives easier
Last edited by Skope; 05-31-2011 at 03:41 PM..