View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-CxyM3bEA

It's totally cool to do it in VP pulls though!... But banned in ToV, for consistency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this got me curious - is this something particular to an exploit with Fellspine, or is this GM attitude general to crit resist on calm being used for pulls? I did it on my cleric ALL the time. I mean... it is kind of the way the spell is designed? You calm a bunch of mobs, and if you get an early crit resist, you got incoming, but if you don't, you eventually have a bunch of calmed mobs ready for single pulls...

to reiterate, it isn't the lull resist that is the issue. it is specifically a pathing exploit. if you do this pull properly, fellspine basically warps through a wall instead of pathing in a normal way. lull is used because it does not require line of sight. you agro him from an open pool of water while he is in a tunnel that is supposed to be dangerous to get to with tons of angry mobs between the 2 spots.