View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikustrength [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly if you're with friends do whatever you all agree on. If you want to do nbg and help get a particular person geared with stuff that drops there then go for it, but the whole premise of nbg is pretty flawed in pug.

So you're at a camp that doesn't drop any caster gear and you're a caster? Whatever melee stuff is dropping is literally just as valuable to you as it is to the players that can actively equip it. You don't deserve loot any less than anyone else simply by merit of having made a character that doesn't have specific loot drops there. "I can equip this so I deserve an upgrade" is flawed logic. That item has value to everyone. Go round Robin on loot until everyone has something, and offer to trade if you want. Half the party being precluded from getting anything for no reason sucks. Esp on green where we are all starting over.
There are no such camps; spell research drops off everything from teens up, right?

I guarantee some magi will insist on greed rolling items because 'no items drop here for my class and i need spell money' then throw their toys out the pram when he doesn't get defaulted the research piece they need.

I remember on highpass orcs live i looted a piece of rawhide on my shaman and some ass demanded i give it to him for research. Apparently shaman is not tank class and doesn't need armour and is a chain class anyway so i should just keep the slot empty.

Still bitter 19 years later.