Thread: /list
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

P.P.S. (Man I wish RnF had edit ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF Rogean got way more specific and clear about the rules (and maybe forced people to see the rules page when they signed up for an EQEmu account), so no one could claim "I didn't know better", and then also got draconian about enforcing those rules.
Actually, just thinking about it, Live worked kind of because of the reverse. They let everyone know the rules clearly, but they weren't specific. Heck there wasn't even an official Play Nice Policy until Kunark.

Instead, players just had this vague sense that if they acted like jerks and someone petitioned them, the GMs might side with the other player, and I think that "fear of the unknown" kept a lot of people in line.

So I guess it's less about needing specific well-known definitions of "bad behavior", and more just about letting players know that their bad behavior will be punished. In other words, it's all about the fear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.