View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Default The Cooking Thread

As someone who's spent most of their life eating out/delivery, I decided to make cooking something to get into during covid times. I'm no chef, basically I just find recipes online or on youtube and try and to follow them, but it's been a very enjoyable journey. I've learned a lot, and "almost" everything i've made has been leagues better than delivery in both taste and health. It's also become meditative in a way; turning off the work side of my brain and focusing on the creative process. I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas.

So I thought I'd make a thread where we can share recipes, tips, photos, and hopefully inspire people! Positivity!

Tonight I made what's become my go to to sauce with roasted red peppers, onions, jalapenos, and a purple carrot. Very easy to make. Fry the veggies nice and soft with lots of garlic. Then add tomato paste, and heavy cream. Once all the flavors are nice and mixed, throw it in a blender and bam, you've got a bomb ass sauce. The whole process takes about a half hour, a little longer if you roast and skin the red peppers first. Link to a full walkthrough below.

You can add it to all sorts of shit, but this time I chose shrimp with spiralized zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots, cuz i'm trying to be healthy and you can eat a giant pile of it so you fill up. Veggie overload. And all made using one pan. Pro tip - get a spiralizer if you want to add variety to healthy eating.

Fry Veggies-
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Add tomato paste and cream-

Blend and serve-

Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Dk...HERCOOKINGSHOW