View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks all! I'll stick with the gnome then. I guess that guy was just being a jerk about it.
Yeah, the guy was definitely being a jerk about it, and he's actually an idiot if he is telling you to reroll a necro in classic era. I had a guy inspect me at level 8 and give me a hard time for having cloth instead of patchwork on my cleric. Now I'm in full banded. There will always be idiot blowhards in EQ.

There is an argument for the superiority of Iksar regen for Necro but Kunark launches in over a year and at that point you need to roll from level 1. Even still, the advantage from iksar regen won't make a bad player a good player. It will make a bad player level marginally faster, maybe, but actually not. Take a good player on a Gnome necro vs. a nub on an Iksar and I guarantee you the good player levels far faster.

Another consideration - are the level 50 necros when Kunark drops going to reroll Iksar, or are they going to get to 60 and be the first Necros to get good gear? Is an Iksar necro going to get 60 when Kunark drops before other races that already hit 50? It's all hot air and its a ridiculously tired argument.

In fact Gnome necro is awesome. Cool race/deity combo, cool evil lair within the Gnome city, and gnomevision which is FAR superior to hide. Don't listen to nubs and do what you want. And don't be afraid to call random people on the internet an idiot. The truth is most of them are.

<The A-Team>