View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

C'mon people, enough with the straw men!!! Have an honest discussion!

For those that don't understand what a straw man is, allow me to explain this dishonest rhetorical tactic.

Person A says something reasonable, like say "Enchanters are obviously not the same here as on live". Person B has nothing logical/rational they can use to argue with person A's point ... so they create a "straw man", ie. the pretend person A was arguing for something they weren't, because they can argue with that.

These are straw men:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw tons of Enchanters charm soloing on many different servers during the course of my CSR duties. You’re simply wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any guide that you can find from 1999-2001 supports the conclusion that enchanters were capable of charming the same on live as here on p1999.
And I already directly addressed these straw men earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. As for all the other nonsense in this thread ... OF COURSE Enchanters could charm in classic. No one (serious) has ever disputed that Charm existed in classic and that Enchanters had it.
So, when I say "live wasn't like this", and your response is "but live totally had Enchanters charming", it just shows you have nothing to say to the point I'm actually making, and you have to shadow box with your imagination of what I'm saying to have anything to argue over.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.