View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Live made an update to model loading, putting every Classic-GoD model into it's own standalone file which has repaired all of this on the npc model side (zone texture transparency issues isn't a problem on Live, or on here for that matter, with the 'HD Luclin' texture packs so they didn't fix that because on Live it isn't a problem, so Classic textures for zones on P99 will still require this patcher). No more black spots, transparency issues, etc on any models. Using them to fix the issue would require you to get the new files from a Live install for every 'problem race' (evil eyes, eye of zomm, giants, player races, merchants, wasps, fae drakes, drakes, etc etc) then add the new file to gloabal loads or (at the expense of being more complicated and time consuming but making it easier on your pc in the long run) to zone_chr files for loading to overwrite the 'compilation' of zone races and thus load the repaired models. These patches also fixed several issues unrelated to black splotches such as drakes holding weapons in their mouths, iksar skeletons holding their offhand backwards and scarecrows holding their offhand at a sideways angle.

I won't make promises I can't keep as I may or may not get around to it (I'm still 'working' on making an installer for Luclin model mod) but I will see about getting an installer of sorts in that can patch in all the new files for races with graphical errors and change text files to load them with the click of a button. I for sure won't be doing a manual patch guide on this as it'd require editing multiple text files for multiple zones per race by hand. People already struggle with just GlobalLoad for Luclin models, fuck that :P

I'll see what I can do but if anyone wants to jump ahead and do this before me, be my guest. I can provide a list of the races with graphical errors and the names of the new files you'd have to pluck from a Live install and even the zones they're loaded in so you can set up file edits for an installer.