View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proof that none of this has anything to do with a virus
Honestly this thread has been an eye opener for me. I know how these persuasion tricks work and yet it's still amazing to see their incredible power in action. I mean, just look at the past few pages of this thread. cd288 comes in and declares everyone who disagrees with him is an idiot. He is then repeatedly shown Pfizer's and JnJ's own documentation to the contrary, but his brain simply refuses to process the new information, and after vanishing for a day he reappears and declares everyone who disagrees with him is an idiot and needs to be quarantined.

What makes this all so amazing is that I'm sure under most circumstances cd288 is an average guy with a job who can hold a conversation and make reasonable decisions. But having waffled and finally decided to take the TrumpVax, he's now internally committed and his rational brain has been overridden by his emotional brain. He won't blink at the third or fourth or fifth booster shots that he was told he wouldn't need, and he'll keep wearing a mask and social distancing despite his theoretical protection - after all, if the vaccine doesn't protect you from COVID, what's the point exactly?

However, I wonder if our Overlords may have slightly miscalculated here. They have spent so much time training Republicans and Democrats hate each other that the more the Democrats espouse the vaccine the more instinctively the Republicans will avoid it, and no system of control can be enforced when over 1/3 of the population refuses it. I have a strong suspicion that in the end the vaccine passport will work the exact opposite of how people expect. Texans and Floridians are already upset about Californians and New Yorkers fleeing their lockdown hellholes and bringing their politics with them. The obvious solution will be to not allow the vaccinated NPCs in. It definitely won't happen tomorrow, but I think within a few years Red and Blue states will be even more polarized than they are now.