View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder this a lot.

In startrek they watch Shakespeare, and I think that's someone's way of saying that entertainment will go bye bye in the future. All they listen to is classical music.

The question really is, do you think people will want to watch/read the same story over and over and over, if they just keep changing the characters?

As we progress to mars, will watching the same story, but on mars, be enough for us to want to watch that story?

We all loved the matrix, and it blew our minds big time, but it was just literally Alice and wonderland.

As we expand to speak with other aliens, will we be interested in someone telling the same story but based on what we learned from the new aliens?

I honestly think that we actually will. So I think, yes, they will be able to forever.

Another thing I think about is, maybe movies will feel more like books, and there will be a new holographic platform or cyber metaverse VR way for the masses to enjoy the same stories the way we have movies as the main story device instead of books since the invention of the film cameras.

Like, at the very least, there will always be enough creators, and citizens to sustain their own niche interest in story telling.

Unless the Georgia Guide Stones get their way and reduce the population to some manageable level, in which case no, there will be no stories in that world.