View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 06:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
??

What makes you say a ridiculous thing like that?

This thread is not a legitimate weighted proposal or anything. Someone was just dreaming of a buncha blue players being suddenly pvp enabled and having to adapt. It would be super fun.

No one is trying to destroy blue and green servers? If they were they would be training everywhere people gather for safety while shouting "BLUE AND GREEN SUCKS!!!" or something more clever.

EQ pvp takes the EQ game you like with high risks and rewards (actual corpse retrievals that are difficult in deep dungeons) and makes the game even more intense by adding a significant social factor and the possibility of PVP with other players.

What this does is makes player communities more important, player relationships more important, and it makes about 50% more items in EQ actually have value and function.

While it means that disruptive players can be directly disruptive to other players by killing them in cold blood, these players can be ostracized killed themselves by players who want the world to not foster murderous behavior.

I'm not sure where all the vehement negativity comes from. Maybe 1hr play time and got robe stolen in greater faydark back on live rallos zek or something?

The majority of the people that played on red and still want a new red server are playing on blue and green right now biding their time as good citizens albeit in a more boring less dynamic version of EQ. I can barely play non pvp except to think about my leveling path and stuff but its pretty grueling work for me nowdays.

No one wants to destroy the PVE servers, that is a ridiculous and slanderous thing to say about PVP players. PVP players want a new pvp server that isn't 10 years old and 5 years dead. PVP players know that the fun is over and are waiting for the next bout. There just isn't as much reason to be a pixel collector on a pvp server when no one else is playing anymore.
Don't get trolled by shitposters.