View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now this is weird. Unless they've been changed in some way, they seem to be ultra resistant if not almost immune to Disease.

Well as far as logic is concerned, we're talking about moving rocks, dragons, giants, demons, mushroom men, elves etc, so why not get a rock sick to death? 🤔😁

I'm 54 w epic, but in my recent experience I've never managed to land a single Plague on any of them, even after Malosini. I guess I'll have to find a copy of Insidious Malady then as some of you suggested

Poison lands between 60-75% of the time, magic (epic & slow) lands every time, so does Cold, but my Cold DD are not as mana efficient as Dots

Thanks for the feedback guys
I did a bit of testing, since I haven't done Geonids in a while.

This is obviously a small sample size, so take it with somewhat of a grain of salt.

I cast my low level poision/disease spells over and over (without Malo/Insidious Decay), to see how often they got resisted:

Tainted Breath Cast 33
Tainted Breath Resist 11

Sicken Cast 33
Sicken Resist 7

This could obviously just be RNG, so I can't say for 100% certain. The reason why your poison spells are landing more after Malosini is because Malosini does NOT reduce disease resistance. That is why your disease spells are probably getting resisted more. That is why you need Insidious Decay, since that is a Shaman's disease resistance debuff.

If I remember correctly, when I fought WL Geonids, I did end up using poison more than disease. This was simply because I was too lazy to cast Insidious Decay and Malosini. Also, Insidious Decay reduces disease resistance less than Malosini, so Malosini could offset the slight difference in poison and disease resistances on Geonids anyway, if there is an offset.

I would advise getting Insidious Decay, and seeing roughly how often disease and poison get resisted. If Disease only gets resisted marginally less than poison, just stick to poison, since you don't need to mesmerize an additional spell (Insidious Decay). If you are seeing considerably more disease spells landing compared to poison spells after Insidious Decay, use disease instead.