View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My sound stopped before and it was because I unknowingly stopped the service in MSCONFIG for my virtual sound synthesizer. I thought that this was due to a patch as well, as I had just modified my MSCONFIG options prior to installing the latest patch, but it wasn't....it was something that I have changed.

I do not know everything about Project 1999 and how they patch things, but I do know that their patches do not mess with the sound. So I think wherever you are looking for the problem may be the wrong place. Maybe think outside of the box?
I checked my MSconfig services and I don't have anything called virtual sound synthesizer. I did check any service that looked sound related and they were all running, and I haven't personally changed any settings there ever. IDK enough about computers to think outside the box, all I know is my sounds worked fine prior to the patch and now they do not. Sound works as normal for everything not p99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try looking at the Windows Volume mixer. I hadn't touched this yet somehow EverQuest became muted. Simply right click on the speaker icon (normally on the right hand side of your task bar) and select "Open Volume Mixer". In that menu scroll across to the right and see if you too have an item listed as "Name not available". If you do, un-mute it and see if that works for you too.
I'm sure this is related to my problem, but when I open the volume mixer there isn't anything listed for Everquest, p99, or anything called "name not available". The only things that show up are "Device", "System Sounds", and "Mozilla Firefox". I've tried experimenting with different settings including restoring the defaults, and also updated to the latest driver but nothing has worked.

Any ideas would really be appreciated, this sucks =(