View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

I soloed to 60 with exception of a couple groups sessions in velks and seb, maybe half a level at most. My path isn’t your path, just qualifying my neckbeard points [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

A solo pally has limitations even with all the charisma in the world. No mez, blur, or long lasting root. Ok for a couple spawns you don’t expect but a full room will eventually flatten you if solo and a fan of rolling dice. A HIE with starting points will still need a kit if you are a daring explorer, it just won’t be as exhaustive as a dwarf. Ultimately you should pick a race on what you like the look of most though.

Functionally stam is less important, let’s get real here. It’s max 105 hps at 60. Strictly solo At 59 I’d rather take the cha for ease of life or the wisdom (180 mana is almost another heal over time, or a few Enstills left in the gas tank). Starting stats are about end game regret though. Will you be annoyed (if) as a casual player being an extra 105 hps behind your peers? The functional difference between a 2895/3000 hp or 3395/3500 hp tank is nothing. Psychologically it’s everything.

I have 70 base stamina and if offered the chance to swap starting stats now I world. It’s just easier to balance tanking stats which is what I primarily use the character for at 60. That and capping stam without a buff isn’t a horrible curse. The real answer is just get better gear though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].