View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds more symptomatic of a general connectivity issue rather than something specific like blocked ports or firewall interference. Definitely doesn't sound like anything related to your EQ installation. Since you were playing with no problems the past week, it sounds like something with your connection went awry. Obligatory copy & paste paragraph:

Are there any other devices connected to your router, wirelessly or otherwise? If something else on your network is hogging bandwidth this could happen - you can find out if this is the issue by connecting to your router's configuration page and changing your network password. Could also be caused by a weak wireless connection if you're connected wirelessly. When you reset your router it's a good idea to disconnect the internet line for a good five minutes so that you'll be assigned a new IP address when you reconnect.

If none of that works, I'd call your ISP and have them run some diagnostics on your connection.

Troubleshooting connection issues with P99 can be pretty counterintuitive because everything else could be working perfectly fine - you could be connecting to other games fine, your connection could seem flawless in every other way but there could still be some weird hangup preventing you from relaying packets with the P99 servers. I don't know enough about networking to say exactly why that is, but a good starting point is your connection to the internet.

You should also make sure it's not just your computer - if you have another machine that can connect to the internet, try connecting to P99 on that. If that can connect, then you can pretty much rule out your ISP and your router, and just focus on your computer. There are lots of connectivity-related things that can happen to your computer that would interrupt your connection, such as malware or even well-intended software that is doing something your connection or configuration doesn't agree with.

A more drastic thing you can try is completely resetting your router, either by accessing its firmware and selecting some kind of "reset to default" option, or by pressing & holding the tiny reset button that pretty much all routers have on the back.