View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

I plan to do one story segment a day. But since I missed a few days I did an extra catch-up segment today.

---

Episode 9: Nexii's Inferno

Sirken opened the iron gate, allowing Nexii to go first. The pathway led to a river of lava, denoted 'Acheron' by a sign, upon which a stone-carved boat sat. Inside the boat sat a dwarf in plate armor with oars at his sides. Nexii approached closer, sensing a similar aura about him as Sirken.

"You must be Braknar," she surmised.

"Correct. And you, Nexii, are not one of us. What sin are you guilty of to be here?" Braknar interrogated in his typical casually accusing manner.

Sirken came up and handed his fellow GM a pair of tickets for entry to this area. "Many sins, but none exactly deserving to stay here. We're just visiting."

"Hmm, ok. We normally only allow guides and GMs to tour but I'll allow you to bring a friend." Braknar replied, reaching his stubby dwarven arms out to help Nexii inside the boat. Sirken was next in line, and soon Braknar was paddling the trio on down the river.

"So what is this place? Did you build it?" Nexii asked, inquisitively. She looked around. The area reminded her of Lavastorm and she wondered if somehow the depths of Solusek were secretly connected to Neriak.

"No, Rogean and Nilbog did. I just oversee it." Braknar said.

"You don't need to worry about taking time out of your day to tour her. I'll take care of it." Sirken interjected.

"It's a daaaate~~" Nexii teased, immediately upsetting Braknar with her words.

"This sort of thing, player and GM together..." Braknar whispered to Sirken with concern. "Hasn't she heard The Prophesy?"

"No." Sirken replied simply, and loud enough for the cleric to hear. "She needs to see this place first."

"Is my boytoy keeping secrets now? A shame I still haven't been able to find a Goblin Slaver's Whip anywhere. I'd make delicious use of it on your ass," Nexii grinned, giving Sirken a twist of the ear in lieu.

Sirken grunted in pain and acquiesced to her demands. "I'll tell you more before we finish the trip today. But for now, explain this place Braknar."

"Okay. So this place is GM Prison, otherwise known as Hell. Where all the sinful players are sent for eternity as punishment. Despite what many may think about our haphazard way of ruling, it's actually very ordered. We have nine levels, or better known as Circles. Each Circle houses a more vile type of sinner than the previous." Braknar explained. Nexii nodded on, an excited gleam visible in the corner of eye at the mention of sinners.

"And each receives a punishment in accordance to their sin." Sirken added, filling in what Braknar had forgotten to say.

"Yes. Anyways, we have arrived at the First Circle." Braknar stated, the boat coming to a stop in the river. Beside the river was an exquisite building carved out of granite. The dwarf laid back and soon fell asleep in the boat, leaving Sirken and his date to enter.

A sign on the outside read: "Law Offices of Norrath".