Thread: Awakened 30 day
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am completely baffled about these opinions of rotations.
Did anyone play on the Karana server 1999-2004 ?
We had the Karana Council of Guilds.
Every guild could sign up for an opportunity on a scheduled time so no one had to leap out of bed at 4am or pull a 72hrs poop sock. It 100% worked. It was enforced by the players on the server who blacklisted violators. Blacklist being those violators would be ignored by 95% of the server. No groups, no ports, no sales, no raids, no help, no communicating to them.
The only result of the above was a guild that formed with ONLY these blacklisted people which in turn caused them to near daily loose people to permanent bans. (They violated PNP at every turn).

This system worked just fine until Pop when it really wasn't needed anymore due to the larger amount of content.
It never stopped working, just faded out, and then died with instances.
But more to your point yes Karana was wonderful. I was in one of the top guilds on the server and there was never any raiding at 3am or staring at walls BS. We would come home from work/school at like 6pm est, pick a spot to raid and by 6:30 we were there. By the time I was raiding it was PoP but I never heard of the kind of crazy stuff that goes on with P99 until I came to P99.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.