View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had mulled around with that idea, that if he just inflicts ultimate damage, he will force Ukraine into submission. But then there is the other side, which is, he may end up galvanizing the defenders resolve to defend against foreign invaders.
He already did that, thousands and thousands of civilians have taken up arms to defend the capital. This also looks bad for Putin just massacring everyone, because even though a civilian is armed, they tend to get a pass for defending their homes and killing them does look worse than killing a soldier

Putin is a sociopath, but I don’t agree that he’s crazy (I call him crazy but not meaning clinically crazy). I believe he is choosing to not just destroy the entire city with rockets from afar for a reason, and that reason is the ramifications. If he wins in a truly brutal way, he might find even China being forced to side against it due to the huge negative PR that comes from not