Thread: Green Economy
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely this. This is the state of the Green economy.

I am willing to move items for what the economy will bear. I have some great items for sale. Post Adamantite Club on EC forums with make an offer? Crickets. Post Mrylokar's Vambraces? Crickets on forums, someone in EC offered me pretty much the equivalent of pocket lint and shoe string in trade.

People can get top items with DKP or at intra-guild auctions where they sell for fire sale prices. There's also so many guild groups going that people will go to camps where they can just roll on drops.

Rich people will always buy yachts. Fat cats will always buy TStaffs and Fungis.

There is no upper-middle to low tier market at all. People can't afford to make a fair offer on very good items and they can't even afford low-tier items. I sold a Lamentation very early for 7k, dude made a decent offer and I moved it. It is absolutely worth that much money. Addy clubs are absolutely worth 5 digits and they won't go much lower than that on Green. According to Blue wiki they still sell for 4k after years upon years of plat inflation as well as Velious gear being available.

Also, in "a few short months" these items actually won't plummet in value appreciably and..."in a few short months"...Velious will be out.

Soothsayer isn't "wrong" at all. In fact, what he said is precisely what I just posted. For many players, thousands of plat is a lot of fucking money. Especially when they spent all their time in this game investing in DKP instead of plat.
I go to guild camps on my main in seb, kc and wherever else and sell the good loot I win with /rand on my mule. Only way for me to be able to get top tier gear when there's people in my guild with hundreds and hundreds of dkp that I can't get unless I decide to play 20 hours a day.