View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...ght=Channeling

This seems to line up with what I remember.

But comparing it to P99, our Corner Casting isn't quite as good as they're talking about. Maybe they are exaggerating, but I get interrupted a decent amount when I'm cornered with 2-3 mobs on me on P99.
I :feel: that my channeling does not work well enough when I've got myself cornered, and that channeling works too well when I'm getting beat on in the open, especially when I'm on a slope. As I recall it on live:
- channeling when being beat on while standing on a slope was nigh miraculous, a single mob could often prevent me casting,
- channeling failed often when being beat on by multiple mobs on flat ground, less often with a single mob on me,
- channeling failed rarely vs. a single mob when I got my back against a flat wall, more often with multiple mobs when backed up against a wall, and
- channeling failures while cornered were rare as hen's teeth (except for bash/stun of course).

The slope thing might have been an overreaction to a few bad results, I definitely took to avoiding that situation as much as possible. Or maybe melee push actually shoved you around more on uneven ground.

It seems as small position changes (i.e. melee push) don't count for quite enough. Cornering myself doesn't seem to help as much as it should, but that could be because channeling without a wall to stop me being pushed works a bit too well. And yeah, whoever mentioned channeling underwater, that sucked on live a lot more than it seems to here.