Thread: Royal Rumble
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive watched from 1994-2002, stopped watching, and just started again about 8 months ago. It really isnt that bad nowadays, the PPVS are usually good (and only 10 bucks a month to see it + tons of old stuff on the wwe network). NXT is really entertaining too. RAW and Smackdown are usually really bad though but sometimes they get some stuff right.

There is still a lot of blood and violence. Wrestlers are getting injured left and right due to the physicality in the matches, but it does take some time getting used to no chair shots to the head. Other then that i can count lots of times recently wrestlers are busted open and pouring blood, even as recent as last week.

Check out this pic of cena after getting his nose really fucked up during a match on raw a few months ago:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Check out this spot from the last ppv:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-x-2C8wt1U

And if you are a fan of the attitude era style intense matches, check out Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell match from the ppv 3 months ago, was very intense, bloody, and violent:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b1h8q
Thanks, definitely going to check that Lesnar n Taker match.

Admittedly I haven't seen much PPV at all since Attitude and was basing my opinion off of RAW 2005-2012. I remember watching a few RAWs and being like "this is pretty soulless, RAW used to be electrifying".

Those "can't miss" RAW days during the Monday night wars spoiled a lot of people. Even Vince was saying they went too far.

Part of the yearning for Attitude is definitely being young again and nostalgic, but it was a damn hell of a time for pro wrestling. Vince Russo delivered again and again.

I miss J.R. and King together. There was strong talk of JR doing some MMA commentating, would have been cool to have him cross over in his prime from the Attitude era to the UFC.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82