Thread: Royal Rumble
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vince Mcmahon came back after the last PPV and his involvement as a heel with his antics against Roman Reigns have been hilarious and very close to old school McMahon of the past and sort of saved the show and the ratings have went up. I'd say half the RAWs since the PPV have been good but half of them sucked, which is a good record for RAW this year.
Pretty good. I might try to tune in if Vince is back for a lil nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The announcers have been really bad. Booker T and JBL need to be fired. Fortunely they just signed Mauro Ranallo and he debuted on Smackdown two weeks ago doing commentary with Lawler. He was great and the best person to probably announce since Jim Ross. His chemistry with Lawler was really good and Lawler was busting his balls and actually acting like he was in the 90s. Hopefully they'll end up replacing the entire announce team with quality announcers.
Yeah I didn't want to outright call it garbage, but its garbage. They went for that "Realistic" fight announcing stuff intentionally I heard, to try to make the product more "real" like the UFC. And it sucked.

Anyone with exposure to late 90s early 2000s tuning in had the same complaint about the new announcers. Which was tons of dead air, and weak hype not doing justice to the matches that were taking place.

Mauro is a huge signing. He knows all the history and his style is basically JR 2.0 with a bigger quirky vocabulary. They desperately need a big voice ever since JR left. Why in the fuck did it take until 2016, that strikes me as bad business. Glad they figured that out.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82