View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 08:18 AM
Kobold

By blueprint I mean literately everything complex in classic everquest that gave you immersion, and felt like an escape to a different world. modifying appearance for turning in quests, crafting that goes way beyond simple recipes, unique abilities like track, being able to summon food bandages throwing weps ect, vastness in traveling alteration invis DMF sow bard songs, not to mention EQ had a great diversity of items specific to certain locations. So when you seen a shaman that traveled far from Halas he had on certain gear from his journeys. I'm speaking from a classic point of view, now for the most part people just buy gear in the tunnel. Having race/class combinations equal big differences. We all say play what you what is coolest looking, but things like racial regen, and invis can't be ignored. The importance of knowing your way around. From what I seen that game seems very linear. I feel like it's almost impossible to get lost. Another thing about classic EQ was the fact that you could give really high level items to your alts. There's no feeling like this, and it's one of my favorite aspects. Also being able to help people at lower level with spells like POTG, there will be nothing close to that in Pantheon. It will be held in the standards of cheating. I Just don't like the world, seems very non-immersive. I realize it's pre-alpha but I'm already getting the feel that the item visuals won't be as dramatic or varied as eq ever was.