View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

We will have to see if it can survive in the current environment, with free to play + some form of money transaction. Also if it can survive in or outside of the gravity of WoW's blackhole. Even Blizzards own Wildstar MMO couldn't.

As far as D&D is concerned I am not sure its a factor with modern games. RPG's mean stats and maybe some kind of story to follow along. "You mean when I blast a guy with a shotgun to the face he takes 6 points of damage because of my skills?". Is it fair to say that the older generations, before mine even, were into D&D games. How many other D&D titles are on the market these days? The D&D MMO blew imo.. don't think I ever Roleplayed in chat or anything so I question the RPG in the description as it has two meanings.

I have already played MMOs with "Button Mashing" for their melee classes, where you need to setup the next strike etc.. my interest in these died a horrid death with The Matrix Online. From forum posts I gather that something like classic EQ is "Pressing two buttons, three most.. yawn" to other MMOs where its "I click this then that, I have like eight things to click in a specific order and I need to know when and how".