View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm neither ranting nor flaming here Loramin, but for someone who doesn't raid you're very vocal about how raiding should be done.

There is a difference between "I enjoy raiding content." versus "I enjoying raiding content by beating other players to it." This server caters to players who prefer the latter - see the comments by Rogean and nilbog.

If this server is a million times worse for you because of that focus, why not go to a server that mandated rotations or offered instances, instead of trying to change this server into something it has never been?
Someone's defensive about their poop socking!

Look, two things. First off, Rogean and Nilbog have never said they're "100% team competition". Rogean is pretty big on "competition" yes, but Nilbog was talking about implementing instances for Pete's sake: that's like the polar opposite of competition (and Rogean did not explicitly shoot the idea down either).

Second, none of that matters. I'm allowed to have an opinion that's not the same as either Rogean or Nilbog. And that opinion definitely is that of someone who raids.

I love that Anonymous/AEGIS has predictable/scheduled raids. I love knowing that certain things are happening on certain nights so that I can tell the wife "I'll be killing dragons on Friday so you have to get dinner". To me that's the best of all worlds: getting to raid, with lots of other lovers of classic EverQuest, content I never got to twenty years ago ... but not having to sacrifice my real life to a video game just to be able to play it.

And this isn't some crazy un-classic modern desire: as the OP showed it was happening for people back in 2001 on some servers (it happened to a lesser extent on my server, Bristlebane, where I once "won" the rotation for Vox and got to lead an open raid on her, which was one of the high points of my entire time playing on live).

You're welcome to your opinion, but the fact that you feel the need to attack me for mine (outside of RnF no less) says far more about you than it does about me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-05-2019 at 01:39 PM..