View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Banned

"Very true. The shadowed man in question is Ssythi (i believe), and has abandoned his shadowed roots and works for the temple of sol ro. the flower is on top of the coffin inside the building in the graveyard, and repops about once a minute. Ssythi, on hailing, will ask you to go and get the flower for him (her?).

The reward for this quest is temple of sol ro faction and a necro only secptre with one triggered charge of clarity II. There are no experience nor coin rewards for this particular quest.

Beware, however, the little building: there is a harsh (30pt or so) fall trap that sends you straight down into underground mistmoore, and there are some tough mobs down there. only about three, but they are much higher than the mobs that are in the graveyard. To get out of this trap, follow the only path until you reach a room with three doors. Don't open the doors... check for one of two hidden walls that will take you up a short incline and deposit you straight back in the graveyard.

i only wish i was a necro and could use the clarity II. =)

merri.
ranger,
erol seymour."

"Shadowed Book
#Nov 25 2001 at 6:46 AMRating: Decent
VergolinX
47 posts
The quest isn't broken.
The quest starts in the Temple of Solusek Ro.
Here's the quest info.

---------------------------------
Vurgo promises to scribe to you the Word of Darkness if you bring him the following: A Shadow Book from shadowmen, A Book of Darkness from an Erudite Magician in a Tower by Lake Rathe and A Book of Frost from the Icy Goblin in Permafrost. To get the Book of Darkness for this quest, go to the dock nearest to the Rathe Mountain zone in Lake Rathe. Straight ahead is a tower...swim out to it. Inside of the tower are two Erudites: A Male Magician and a Female Wizard. They are both blue to a level 26 Necromancer, but the magician always has a pet, and they will hammer you pretty badly, so you will need a healer. Killing either Erudite causes faction hits: - Guards of Qeynos, - Order of Three, + Bloodsabres, + Opal Darkbriar. As an uncommon drop, they will drop the Book of Darkness. Bring him these, 300 gp and the note he gives you to get the item. It is no drop item only useable by Necromancers, so there is no reason for a non necro to do the quest
---------------------------------

The reward is a +45 mana book that has a right click spell effect 'Allure of Death' which I think is a necro health for mana spell, level 20.

I just spent about an hour camping the shadowed men and got tired. I'm a 50 monk with the first 2 books, letting my level 15 necro loot the last one. Then we're gonna multi-quest. Anyway, hope that helps."

Are these in game?