View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty new to red and I'm really enjoying it.

Forget what you've heard on the forums. Yeah there's some sad souls on red, but there's actually a lot of pretty normal people too that are super fun to hang with. Owning dirtbags together with the good guys has a sense of comraderie and fun that I have not experienced on blue or green.

Is PVP in EQ balanced? Hell no. It's still a better solution than /list camps and lawyerquesting though. If you want a coveted camp or raid target, you better be willing to fight for it. You're not entitled to pixels just for standing in a line or being the first one there. Arguing in tells with people over what's fair or allowed on green got real old.

It's ironic because people think red is the most toxic community on P99, but I find the pixel lust and self-interest to be far worse on blue/green. Most people there just wanna zerg and collect pixels than learn how to be better at the game. That's not why I play. If I'm not learning or having fun, I just do something else.

PVP is the spice to an otherwise stale dish everyone's had a thousand times. Play on green for the nostalgia then come on red for a real challenge. A new PVP server would be cool but there's still lots of fun to be had on the current one.
This post brings a tear to my eye.

Here is a player that truly understands.

/salute