View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an unclassic fix on top of an unclassic fix. They "fixed" issues from people complaining there wouldn't be enough mobs at launch by unclassically improving spawn rates. Once they did that, they "had to" to unclassically nerf certain quests, because otherwise people would complain about everyone using those quests to level unclassicaly fast.
So they increased the spawn count to accommodate the larger player-base at launch, but nerfed the exp of turn-ins because more spawns = more turn-ins.

What I don't understand about that is the larger spawn rate would have resulted in a still equal distribution of belts/pads/etc because the player-base was also large. After the creation of Teal, it seems strange they wouldn't change the spawn rates and turn-in exp back to normal. I've tried turning in belts and such post-merger and can say they are still unclassically low exp. I'm unsure when Tellin said the rates were back to normal, because early this week at least I did turn-ins and received the same return that I have since the beginning of the server.