View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right? I just spent a month in cwow and it was the most anti-social mmo experience I've ever had. No talking, no resting, just go go go. And there were tons of people everywhere, but as soon as you're done doing the thing, they drop out not even 'thx for grp' or anything. And if you do get into any conversation, it's all about the minmax. I'm a social person in these games, I like to get to know people, the various colorful personalities, and after a month in game my friends list was zero. I was like fuck this, I'm playing a single-player game here, these people aren't people, they might as well be NPCs.
Couldn't agree more with everything you said. You pretty much nailed it! I always thought the "go go go" part of the game was a quality of life change that made MMORPGs better, but now I see that the downtime is part of the reason players talk to each other because.......well, because there's nothing else to really do. Gems is only fun for so long.

The scary part is, that this (cwow) is the future of MMORPGs and the blueprint that most gaming companies use to make one so our beloved genre may be gone for good.