View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone wants to see an officer get taken to school, here’s an example

There are people who know everything there is to know about local law, and as a hobby they deliberately create and film confrontations with cops, hoping the cop will fuck up

This is an example of a frustrated cop in over his head with someone who knows more than him. Gravy would probably get a kick out of this. I think the kid is a dick, but he completely gets the upper hand on the cop and takes him to school
That's my point. Folks need to understand their rights. Even during an interrogation you can get up and leave at any time unless you are being formally detained. If a cop questions you, ask them straight up if you are being detained. If they say no, walk away. You don't have to answer their questions. Not even in an interrogation room after being arrested. Remain silent. It's one of the most powerful rights you have.

Cops can lie their asses off. It's perfectly legal. They want to build up a smoke screen and apply pressure to coerce you into giving them evidence such as a confession. if they actually tried to submit some bogus dna report to a court of law with obvious photoshopped stamps on them to get a conviction, even a court appointed attorney is competent enough to expose that. At some point in the appeals process if it actually led to a conviction it would be exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, to a point you have the right to remain silent. If you are being interrogated, that means there is already suspicion of you committing a crime. While you can’t be forced to talk (how can anyone force someone to talk, other than maybe actual torture), I think using the coaching of a lawyer to provide explanations and a defense is going to be generally more helpful than staying silent forever.
No man

you never say a word. period. That's the lawyers job.