View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone got a magelo for a min maxed erudite sk (contradiction in terms, surely) vs ogre, iksar or troll?

How good gear does the erudite need before their starting str/sta feel like a penalty? Are there enough candyland stat hand outs to pad them to max (buffed/unbuffed) without having to sacrifice other considerations in gear?
I did post a Magelo of a Velious Raid Geared Erudite SK:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:EruditeSKMan

This could be tweaked to be a bit more balanced on resists, too. He is over 255 STR and STA with that gear.

Velious Tank gear heavily favors STR/STA. As I previously mentioned in this thread, you do not NEED to put any starting points into STR or STA. This includes Erudites. There are way more tank items that increase STR/STA than other stats. STR and STA get nice buffs too. You will get 50 STA from Riotous Health, and 135 STR from Maniacal Strength + Focus of Spirit. If you have a Primal weapon, you will get an additional +100 STR, +100 DEX, and +100 AGI.

If you want to Min/Max, you should do +5 AGI / +15 INT as your starting stats. INT is the only stat that cannot really be capped with Tank gear and buffs. See the Magelo I posted above. AGI and DEX on that Magelo can easily be maxed with buffs, but the Erudite's INT is only 198. At best, you will get +21 INT from Enlightenment, bringing total INT to 229.

That being said, I would still personally do +5 AGI/+15 STR if I rolled an Erudite. Tanks carry a lot of weight, and being overweight is much more hazardous (due to AGI/Run speed loss) than the bit of extra HP/Mana you would lose from not increasing STA/INT. My 56 Troll SK runs around with 115 weight. This is before he starts carrying coin, or any items looted from killing. This is also without Tink bags. He has a combination of WR bags ranging from 10%-70%.

The only exception would be if I was willing to spend a TON of money on the Erudite SK to twink him out. 8 Tink bags and some nice tank gear would certainly remove any serious problems with STR. If serious twinking is an option, then I would do +5 AGI / +15 INT, due to INT being the hardest stat to max on tank gear.

In terms of the resistances debate, I haven't heard of resistances being viable over 255. Even if that were the case, 5 MR would not be make or break. I still get feared on dragons when I am "over" 255 MR. It seems to be almost impossible to prove whether or not "over" resistances are helpful. I Don't think I have seen anyone completely immune to dragon fears. Frontal Stun Immunity or Regen will still give you more mileage than +5 MR. Most mobs that cast spells can be consistently resisted at 255 (if the spell is resistable). The ones that cannot be consistently resisted, such as dragon fears, seem to have no point at which you can consistently resist them.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-11-2020 at 11:01 AM..