View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone ITT that thinks I'm concerned with Monk ability to solo needs to learn to read. I soloed guards in HK, every other level after 6 or so I was grouped. I'm talking about being overshadowed in group dynamics.

If a class doesn't have something they excel at, I feel like that's a problem. Rangers track and have bows, SK can tank and are master agro machines, etc. Every other class has its niche, and monks are overshadowed by both tanks and dps. I even see charmed enchanter pets doing damage on par with me in the group, making my presence redundant.

I already sold all my gear and rolled a chanter. At least I'll have a defined purpose for my class. Inb4 monks pull, lol pulling alone doesn't make a class enjoyable, it's more work for less reward.
Well, fair enough...but this thread belongs back in 2000...thats what monks were in classic EQ.

For all its pros and cons (and some will say either about the following fact), EQ wasn't known for having class balance. Depending on era some classes were definitely "less useful" (to use a kind way of describing it) than others. Even within that framework, monks are hardly the worst off in classic EQ.