Thread: The MIDIs
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So now that the conversation has started, what have some people found on the interwebz that gets the midis as close to the original sounds as possible?
I'm sure there are threads on this in the technical discussion forum and elsewhere on eqemu, but my gut is telling me that because elfsim is so old, those threads might actually now be out of date and not appropriate solutions for windows 10!

googled site[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]roject1999.com midi and got this result:

Make EQ's music (MIDI) sound Significantly Better.
(2012!)

edit:

I see you already found that dead end.

edit edit:

Quote:
You can setup several soundbanks in virtual midi synth, I've found that using the files you can find in the EQ directory in combination with the awe32 soundbank will give you the correct instruments. They overwrite each other as you load more in, here's my current load order and it sounds pretty good.

1mgm.sf2
synthys2.sf2
sythnusr.sbk

The last two are in the EQ directory. I haven't noticed anything that sounds significantly off with this setup yet.
Sounds like the trick for win10 is to download virtualmidi synth and combine EQ's own files with the awe32 soundbank
Last edited by Jimjam; 09-30-2019 at 11:59 AM..