View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 06:53 AM
Sarnak

Note, it is possible to hit 200+ charisma on a Halfling and still have 250+ wisdom and 100+ MR if you max charisma at creation.

It doesn't require any insane gear either. The hardest items being things like Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl, Emerald Dragonscale Tunic, Talisman of Benevolence, Lodzial Shell Shield and Woven Cord of the Mistletoe.

It WILL require a significant investment into your character and it WILL require that you reach velious before you can get any consistent lull-action going without having to swap gear around too much.

Some people have argued that swapping gear to get high charisma is a bad idea because you want that wisdom and whatnot the most when a lull fails, but in reality you're often able to root and log or atone the mobs, run and would've died just the same anyway if you don't succeed.

And whilst on the topic of swapping gear, the main issue with having a Halfling geared out like I suggest would really be resists. More resists IS very useful for raiding and charisma is NOT very useful for raiding. It'd be easy to swap out high charisma pieces like Kobold Jester's Crown or Matchless Dragonhorn Braces for resist and wis-pieces.

I do think it's fair to say that inny human cleric is nr 1 with all the useful clickies, good charisma and strong stats overall, ability to wear robes and having good all-round faction. HOWEVER, if you think sneak and hide is better than clicky necks I'd recommend Halfling in a heartbeat!

If fashion is what matters, go with whatever looks best. I personally would go Gnome.