View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx
My pet alone in my last group was putting out roughly the same dps as the 58 epic/tstaff monk
It sounds like you are basing your conclusions on a mid 50s xp group. Necros aren't very gear dependent, so they work pretty well there. I haven't leveled a P99 toon in quite some time, so I'm thinking about something like the myconid spore king or Halls of Testing with L60 characters. And Necro just doesn't keep up there.

Even in Kunark I was usually hitting 70 dps on my Monk at the spore king, with capped strength and haste being the main difference. In Velious that's up to maybe 95, and will be pushing 110 if the 2HB upgrades and triple attack ever go in.

Meanwhile the Necro is getting 50% resists on anything not a lifetap or lure dot and the skeleton is struggling with the higher AC. If you happen to be rolling PAL/SHM/NEC or similar then you have time for your lure dots to tick and you might hit the damage of a Kunark monk. In a full group moving quickly you are stuck with Touch of Night at under 2:1 (at least you have the extra HP to keep shadowbond up) and are probably in the 60ish dps range, which is about comparable to a Kunark Ranger or Warrior and well behind the Velious versions.

You are of course welcome to post some parse from your necro in a higher level area proving me wrong.