View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 02:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually hope the same thing. Some say this because they think it'll mess up Blue with an influx of additional characters. I think it'll mess up Green because Blue people will use Green to level up and gear up their alts with guises and manastones, because they know those characters will end up on blue. They will clog the server with their beards. If there is no moving of characters to Blue, then Green will be populated by people not overly attached to proving something on Blue. I hope Green will be for the pioneers, the challenge-seekers, the <Auld Lang Syne> types.

It'll be hard enough.
Your green characters will have no value once the timeline is complete anyway. It'll be a stagnant server where you will never have anything new to do. Consider how empty that is. What exactly do you expect to pioneer and challenge in an unchanging post-timeline world on an emulator for an easy game? Green's 420th Tunare kill? Nostalgia and social aspects are the only practical answers, but nostalgia will have well worn out by then. I highly doubt there's many people scheming to farm guises on 10 alts so that in 2 years they can spend the following 5 years farming BiS loot for said alts on blue. Not unless they plan on RMT'ing, which likely wouldn't be worth jack since few people will care about blue. Not all of the neckbeards are going to stay on blue because of their pixels and never play green. Plenty of them will play green. Only a handful of likely insane ones will stay on blue, much like what you find on red.. which is what? 40 people?

In any case it's peculiar for people to have attachment issues to something they don't have and won't lose for 2 years when they're already leaving blue to play green to begin with.

On-topic - consider me one of the drops in the vast ocean of innumerable players who have been desperately pleading for a broken unbalanced teams pvp server in a game that wasn't designed for pvp. Aside from that I just want to enjoy classic EQ without twinks/buffs/PLs and be able to level off the exp highway. If I had to ask for completely unreasonable things that will never happen teams then I guess I would say balance the classes a bit and remove ogre's bullshit stun immunity.