View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet the rogue epic is one of 4 (ragebringer, swiftwind, celestial fist, staff of 4) that never ever gets replaced. Even with full BIS and vyemm+mrylokar offhand, you swap in RB for backstabs. We can get by without any other epic and be pretty effective, even without cleric epics we’d make do. Every other class replaces theirs or doesn’t use at all or isn’t too heavily affected by not using it.

They’re all nice to have though for various reasons and scenarios.
I don't know how realistic it would be to get these items on P99 during Kunark / before Velious, or how many players may have had access to them when the game launched back in the day.

But I was able to experiment with a lot of weapons over on TLP and discovered that a Rogue with a Razor Sharp Short Sword and Feverblade will easily out-damage a Rogues who were using Ragebringers. Granted I had a PoSKY belt which had 41% haste on it, and IDK if Feverblade procs the same on P99, but I swear to God it was proc'ing every 2 seconds.

My point though was that it made me question whether or not some of the best geared Rogues during Kunark replaced their Ragebringers before Velious came out. (I understand you could still swap Ragebringer in for more backstab damage, but I wasn't aware of the fact that RSSS and FB did insane damage prior to experimenting with them).