Thread: SK roles
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's not discouraging minmaxing, he's discouraging minmaxers from claiming that their approach is somehow objectively superior. But then you knew that and made a shitpost that pretends to not be a shitpost anyway.

It's a game, we're here to have fun. It's arrogant and stupid to try to dictate other people's fun. "Best" is subjective, enjoy your minmaxing if that floats your boat, but don't pretend that it is some universal truth version of "best".
I really don't understand this attitude on the P99 forums. It is odd you think I am shitposting when I am just stating the truth.

There is objectively a best race/class combo for each class. This is because Everquest works on math. Whichever race/class combo can do their job the best mathematically is the Min/Max choice. Having racial regeneration, for example, will objectively allow a good player to solo faster.

Nobody here has claimed you must Min/Max to have fun. I am not sure why talking about Min/Maxing makes you think this.

You seem to be claiming that talking about Min/Maxing is equivalent to dictating how people must play. That doesn't make sense at all, and it isn't true.

Knowledge is power, and people like to know what the Min/Max option is. Then they can determine what they are missing if they do not choose the Min/Max option. If they are ok with the loss, no problem! If they are not ok with the loss, they may end up choosing the Min/Max option. It is very simple.

The "play what you want" attitude means you must cater to all players, including Min/Maxers. You shouldn't deride people who help those players out.

I am helping the OP, who wants to know the differences between Shadowknight races. If the OP doesn't care about those differences, they can certainly pick Human or Dark Elf for the fashion[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Nobody in this thread is twisting the OP's arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say the blood ember greaves are an AMAZING item to have access to. Having that clicky fd when your spell is on cooldown is kind of the best thing ever.
I agree, BE Greaves are a great tool to have.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-16-2020 at 11:18 AM..