View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is key ... but look, I didn't also run a Granite Face Grinder, parse my logs, and compare the two, so I can't swear that the the pre-nerf BSH was superior (I just suspect it was).

All I can say for certain is that I did my absolute best to melee as much as I could with that weapon, which was certainly one of the top melee Shaman weapons ... and I still went back to root/rot (though I would sometimes "joust" with it when a mob was rooted, because again I wanted to use it). And I know it was around 20ish, because I remember doing this in Lake Rathe/South Karana.
This doesn't make sense. If the Spiritist Hammer consistently Procs 4 times in two minutes you did over 1000 damage to a single mob, not including the white damage. Mobs level 20-30 basically have 1000 HP or less. That would kill any level 20ish mob in those areas faster than your DoTs. Four envenomed breaths in the same two minutes would deal 800 damage and cost you a staggering 400 mana, which is a lot for that level. It would be way more mana efficient to melee than to spend at least 400 mana per mob, not including roots or resists. Doing the root/rot method would cause a lot more downtime. Casting two walking sleeps in those two minutes to face tank would only cost 120 mana, and heals also only cost 60 each.

To answer JimJams question, you are correct that proc weapons are better at 60 with Torpor. This is because Shaman melee drops off a cliff past level 50. You miss a ton and don't have good damage bonuses, so proc weapons end up doing great damage by comparison. You are also too busy casting a ton of spells to get a lot of melee hits in.