View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a quick example take hags in unrest. The way to kill them is to make them die fast not try and play defensively (stun all their spells and outlast them over a long fight). Shield bash will fail a lot. Stuns will resist. None of that matters if the mob is dead. My pally did some soloing vs hags in unrest -- the baton of faith absolutely trounced ghoulbane, for example. Also, the baton with its fairly long swing time lets you cast spells in between swings very reliably (like stuns, undead dds etc) without losing any dps.

I'm not saying the 1 hander/shield doesnt have its place, but the answer to the OPS question is a resounding "yes, get a baton of faith and blow things up, and no, 1 hander/shield is not necessarily the way to go even if you're tanking"

My Ghoulbane owned Hags and also Baton of Faith when it came to tanking them at the mid20s. Because you know, I didn't neglect my dexterity. Let's not play the he-said-she-said game.

Sub30 you have NO stuns and the Undead DD for the mana price is negligent when you can use that mana to heal during downtime thus pull faster. Bash stuns a mob and allows the real dps classes (like all those mega twinked rogues and monks) to actually do their job.. like dps.

Heals don't get resisted or partially resisted. Nukes more often than not do, especially at these levels where MR debuffs aren't that strong.