View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrobob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes... the boat music. Here's what I remember from the year 2000! The boat music was always a little bit... buggy? It definitely didn't loop continuously though. I also don't think there was any other music, at least when taking the old world boats like from from Freeport to BB.

I'm an auditor on EQClassic, which uses the trilogy client. As far as I can tell, all of the .xmi triggers there seem to work exactly as I remember. I made a recording of the boat ride from FP to BB with the music below so you can hear exactly what happens.

https://youtu.be/YAZZuaonjpU

You can hear the music plays through completely once then loops once, but with most of the channels muted. Eventually the all come back in and then it ends. What's interesting is as soon as a different .xmi trigger event happens (for example the battle music), the boat music starts over again, etc. I'm thinking the .xmi was always on a zone-wide trigger, but after one loop, it's supposed to drop all of the channel volume to 0 until the next trigger. Just a hypothesis, as I haven't dove into the deep end yet.

I'm definitely curious to see what you can come up with on this issue.
Thanks, just watched it. I think the second tune that is a little quiet may be a separate track, I'm probably wrong though. I can lower the volume of the track at another trigger point that may have the same effect.

The other tune I mentioned remembering is track 8 in the gl.xmi. Maybe it’s from one of the other boats and I’m just remembering it wrong. I’ll try and investigate more later this week when I have some more free time.