Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Paladin with a couple hundred plat...

I'm looking for the consensus on cheap twink armor/weapons to get for a low level (1) Paladin. I was thinking of rocking Ghoulbane/Fine Steel but it's pretty expensive. I'm wondering if there is any lower priced weapons and armor that would be good. I'm hoping the armor would at least be better than Bronze, but not necessarily Fine Steel. For weapons I am looking for a good 1 hander and Shield combo.

Any suggestions for a 500pp budget?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Ghoulbane is the way to go for 1h, but unlikely you will find that for even 500, most are 600-1k (some people really over price this). Some good armour is a couple of pieces of crested, spaulders/helm, mistmoore shield you could pick up for a 100plats, or go for a mithril bp, roughly 400p but if you meet the right person selling they may go lower for you since you are fairly new. 1 tip, get ghoulbane for level 20 then go unrest! Amazing exp!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

shoot me a pm across servers. i enjoy helping true new emu players. i can hook you up with a few k.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanzkopf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ghoulbane is the way to go for 1h, but unlikely you will find that for even 500, most are 600-1k (some people really over price this). Some good armour is a couple of pieces of crested, spaulders/helm, mistmoore shield you could pick up for a 100plats, or go for a mithril bp, roughly 400p but if you meet the right person selling they may go lower for you since you are fairly new. 1 tip, get ghoulbane for level 20 then go unrest! Amazing exp!
Thanks for the tip! Would you suggest saving up entirely for Ghoulbane first? (I'm hunting on wisp Island with my level 12 mage, but really want to be a Paladin overall) Or go for armor before the weapon?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shoot me a pm across servers. i enjoy helping true new emu players. i can hook you up with a few k.
Will do!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Kobold

Sword of Skyfire is a nice cheap 1h pally sword. It has a 10/22 ratio with +10 CHA and +15 CR, and it's only like 100-200pp. You'll want to ditch it before lv45 (when it starts to proc), but by then you should have SoulFire or Fiery Avenger (my bad, Fiery Avenger is lv46 minimum to zone into PoSky).

You MIGHT be able to find someone willing to sell you a Ghoulbane for 500, but you'll have to look around. It's a damn good weapon for Pallies since it gives them practically free reign at undead-ridden areas like Befallen and Unrest.
Last edited by Twilight-Sparkle; 11-15-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-Sparkle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sword of Skyfire is a nice cheap 1h pally sword. It has a 10/22 ratio with +10 CHA and +15 CR, and it's only like 100-200pp. You'll want to ditch it before lv45 (when it starts to proc), but by then you should have SoulFire or Fiery Avenger (my bad, Fiery Avenger is lv46 minimum to zone into PoSky).

You MIGHT be able to find someone willing to sell you a Ghoulbane for 500, but you'll have to look around. It's a damn good weapon for Pallies since it gives them practically free reign at undead-ridden areas like Befallen and Unrest.
Thanks for the info! So the general consensus is that Ghoulbane owns armor?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feriokun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info! So the general consensus is that Ghoulbane owns armor?
Any weapon owns armor. Weapon should always be your priority. How are you going to kill efficiently without it?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Don't buy a ghoulbane unless you want to do the epic or don't plan to level past about 40/45 or so. If you want a good 1H you can buy a sword of the morning for almost the same price and can use it as a tanking weapon all the way to 60.

For pure cost effectiveness though you want a 2H. You can buy a 30/40 baton of faith for a couple hundred PP and use it well into the 50's.

Danth
Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Orc

Hello!

Just wanted to post a message in here to all you people being so helpful towards new paladins on the server.

i'm currently 24 on my Paladin here, and I am definitely interested in picking up a baton of faith. I currently have a Blade of Xalgoz that was given to me, but I have the plat to spend on a Baton now. It's a much better weapon.

So yeah, WTB. If anyone has any good paladin armor they could sell cheap, hit me up.

In game name is Zefiryn.
Closed Thread