Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Banned

Default WoTLK WoW

so i found out about this wotlk server warmane is hosting. it has 10000 players online with a 1.5k queue and i gotta admit that playing a x1 wotlk server with 10000 people would be quite fun so im gonna roll up there and would love to have people to run dungeons with.

drop a reply if you think you would be interested in playing on Lordaeron (10000 player server).

https://www.warmane.com/
Old 01-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Going back and playing WotLK on an emu is like going back and playing Luclin. It was a decent expansion but it really was a turning point where the spirit of WoW really began to evaporate, classes were homogenized, and the sense of community was destroyed. Vanilla and BC were better. Play on Nostalrius. Also it has several thousand more people and superior hardware so no queue.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Superior hardware as in everything is lagging and chinamen are taking over the server.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chinamen are taking over the server.
The Russians will drive them off
Old 01-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

I play on Lordaeron.

Have tried both servers mentioned in this thread. Nostalrius got old fast. Vanilla WoW's talents are just boring as shit. I'd prefer a good Burning Crusade server, but WotLK is simply more fun than the original game.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on Lordaeron.

Have tried both servers mentioned in this thread. Nostalrius got old fast. Vanilla WoW's talents are just boring as shit. I'd prefer a good Burning Crusade server, but WotLK is simply more fun than the original game.
The one thing I do really like about WotLK is that hybrids were finally playable instead of absolute garbage like vanilla/BC. I just never did find the content of the xpac as appealing as BC. Art direction took a turn for the worse, WotLK introduced annoyingly blocky armor and weps, flanderized Norse influences, and smaller more linear dungeons.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Banned

Nost usually only has around 6k people online while lordaeron has 10k. Personally i find TBC to be the best wow expansion but wotlk wasn't bad and being as big of a TBC fanboy as i am i still say the best raid came out in wotlk (cough ulduar cough).
Last edited by Grubbz; 01-03-2016 at 05:20 PM..
Old 01-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on Lordaeron.

WOTLK was the pinnacle of WoW for many of us. Was just talking to a group of players irl the other day about this. We reached general agreement fairly quick.

You are not alone. Not surprised the queue is bumping off the meter.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Warmane,.. dont you mean Former Molten Wow,. who lost their database and account files to staff who went rogue? costing them players,. money and a shitstorm.
Not to mention the over the top censorship they have on their forums,..

I got to level 80 on moltenwow lordareon it was a complete fucking buy to win server and still is. I didnt pay a buck to those cheap pos.

Truewow or dalaran are you best options for wotlk. /fucking thread
wotlk best wow era.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warmane,.. dont you mean Former Molten Wow,. who lost their database and account files to staff who went rogue? costing them players,. money and a shitstorm.
Not to mention the over the top censorship they have on their forums,..

I got to level 80 on moltenwow lordareon it was a complete fucking buy to win server and still is. I didnt pay a buck to those cheap pos.

Truewow or dalaran are you best options for wotlk. /fucking thread
wotlk best wow era.
Appreciate the tip. Yeah WOTLK was the golden era. The PvP kicked the most ass, the raids were peak design (The lead designer of WOTLK was promoted to leader of a new MMO, thats how beastec he was).

I loved the patch cycle of WOTLK PvP too, the rotating power of druids, warriors, paladins, DKs, etc. Every patch was amazing if you had 2-3 alts. Was the best Arena ever.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread