Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

Default why exactly can't you sit down while casting spells on p99? blue?

Why exactly can't you sit down while casting spells on p99? blue? (at very least from items).

I'm 100% certain that in 2001 after velious came out and before luclin came out my druid used his elder spirit's greaves effect while meditating to help powerlevel my friend's warrior at the djinni in solb.

It required a macro, but it worked. (IIRC you also had to stand back up before the spell finished so the macro had a pause 10 in it. So cast/sit/stand).

This was probably a bug in 2001, but if bugs from 2001 are being fixed why do clickies on p99 still reset global spell cooldown timer?
is this a client issue with titanium that cannot be fixed?

It had to be before luclin because before luclin was released I quit the game entirely after someone logged in as me and death looped me from level 60 to level 1.
If this is an intentional choice I'll drop it, if this is only done due to lack of proof, then I'll try to research it.
Last edited by dbouya; 11-24-2016 at 11:42 PM..
Old 11-25-2016, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

I believe you used to be able to before they started fixing things that weren't classic. Such as the compass, target rings, target con color on the target bar...etc.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:51 AM
Banned

because sirkens redacted is in your radio edit
Old 11-25-2016, 06:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe you used to be able to before they started fixing things that weren't classic. Such as the compass, target rings, target con color on the target bar...etc.
If this is the case then I should do some research to try to find proof of my claims.
It seemed more likely to me though that it was a client limitation though like lighting, or stamina, or whirltillhurl, in which case it'd be pointless of me to endless troll old internet forum archives. Maybe someone knows which reason it is for sure though?
Old 11-25-2016, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

you can do this on red. ducking doesnt cancel a spell there either
Old 11-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...and yes it should have been this way on blue as well up to a certain point, they never patched it in.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Aviak

Swish2.....your a beautiful jerk......let me explain.

Your sig at the bottom with the dogs....... omfg, i saw it thjs morning and was so funny i spilled my coffe...so thanks bro, hehe you jerk
Blue
Old 11-25-2016, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

I have a vague recollection of people doing this too, which would have had to be period correct because I only played from launch until the release of Luclin. In any case, we can have a 100-page discussion about it here but nothing will be done until you do the proper research and then create a thread in the Bugs forum providing evidence.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did they choose not to allow that?
Old 11-26-2016, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a vague recollection of people doing this too, which would have had to be period correct because I only played from launch until the release of Luclin. In any case, we can have a 100-page discussion about it here but nothing will be done until you do the proper research and then create a thread in the Bugs forum providing evidence.

I'm only asking here because I thought maybe the research was already done and for other reasons they chose not to do it.

Which this guy seems to be implying below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and yes it should have been this way on blue as well up to a certain point, they never patched it in.
Closed Thread