Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Default new to Velious - how to go to Cobalt Scar ?

Hey all,
I'm new to Velious expansion and I'm wondering how to go to Colbalt Scar for the first time.
I've been told u need to loot a tooth to be able to be teleported there, is that true ?

It means u have to do the run from Iceclad Ocean to Cobalt Scar ?
Is it possible to do it solo for a chanter or this is too risky ?

Thanks !
Old 03-21-2017, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Entrance to Cobalt Scar must initially be gained by traveling through Skyshrine. A Shrine Key is required to use the teleporter from the dragon city to the tower here or have someone group with you and use the one they have to click you through. Once you obtain the key(tooth) from the dragon portal, however, you can also teleport here. Key quest can be found here https://wiki.project1999.com/Key_to_Cobalt_Scar
Old 03-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Hiya,

Curious what level you are and why you'd like to Cobalt Scar?

If you're AdventureQuesting, safe journeys to you young traveler!

I would recommend you get yourself a travel companion who can Spirit of Wolf you, or perhaps a Bard who can run speed/invis song you.

If you make your pilgrimage alone, I would recommend a SoW potion. If you can't afford one, find me when I'm online, I'll give you one.

You are correct in that Iceclad Ocean is the only Velious portal you may travel to without this "tooth" object.

Check the maps for zone connections, you'll find the wiki very easy to Navigate. Your journey will look like this:

-Iceclad Ocean
-Eastern Wastes
-Kael Drakkal (Or you can stop in Great Divide first if you'd like, maybe go visit Thurgadin - one of my favorite cities. Mind your factions)
-Wakening Land
-Skyshrine
-Cobalt Scar

As Yasi mentioned, the "zone out" to Cobalt Scar inside of Skyshrine does require a key that drops off a mob near the WL zone line. If you don't have one, check with people who are in the zone. Typically someone there will have it, or will help you kill the guy who drops it.

Once you're in Cobalt Scar, make sure you stop at the Wiz/Dru portal to pick the "tooth" up off the ground - this tooth will retroactively unlock CS, WL, and GD for you.

Have fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 05-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Entrance to Cobalt Scar must initially be gained by traveling through Skyshrine. A Shrine Key is required to use the teleporter from the dragon city to the tower here or have someone group with you and use the one they have to click you through. Once you obtain the key(tooth) from the dragon portal, however, you can also teleport here. Key quest can be found here https://wiki.project1999.com/Key_to_Cobalt_Scar

Returning player here (year+ hiatus) with practically zero Velious experience.

So, this Shrine Key can be quested OR the quest giver can simply be killed and you can loot the key?

I learned last night that my char can be ported to WL (as I got killed by the dragon at the drop). Which means I must have this tooth.

If I want to be able to port to Cobalt Scar, do I grab a port to WL, run to Skyshrine, kill the quest NPC, loot the Shrine Key, run to Cobalt Scar, run to the Dragon Portal and pick up the tooth like in WL?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If I want to be able to port to Cobalt Scar, do I grab a port to WL, run to Skyshrine, kill the quest NPC, loot the Shrine Key, run to Cobalt Scar, run to the Dragon Portal and pick up the tooth like in WL?
yep, this is how I did it (killing the NPC is the easiest way to get the key, it is located in a room on the right when u zone from WL)
Good luck !
Old 05-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlaurent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep, this is how I did it (killing the NPC is the easiest way to get the key, it is located in a room on the right when u zone from WL)
Good luck !
So is it just one mob? Adds? Is it safe to get close to Skyshrine to con the NPCs to check and see if your faction is high enough?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

yes it is safe to get close to Skyshrine and even zone there.
To get the key, there are 2 mobs in the room close to Ziglark if I recall well, u can pacify them and pull the mob to zone in which is very close to kill it safely (I think u can solo Ziglark using animation and slow him, its really easy u don't even need to charm)
Old 05-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlaurent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes it is safe to get close to Skyshrine and even zone there.
To get the key, there are 2 mobs in the room close to Ziglark if I recall well, u can pacify them and pull the mob to zone in which is very close to kill it safely (I think u can solo Ziglark using animation and slow him, its really easy u don't even need to charm)
Perfect. Thank you.
Closed Thread