Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Default Greater Faydark newb mobs

maybe this is wrong (and maybe this is the wrong place to post it) but this is how i remember it because i played so many damn chars thru this zone. it's basically right but not varied enough

there should be another level of bee, a level 3-5. a giant wasp worker

"a widow spider" around level 5, and the model was a larger size spider than the hatchling

"a giant bat" around lv 5 again, just like the ones in butcherblock, should be roaming around gfay

"a forest drakeling" was a tiny green drake model and was lv 3 - 5. believe they turned him into an armor quest drop and introduced fae drakes as time went on, but forest drakelings were always there iirc

and willowisps should be far less common in the newb area directly down the eastern lift at kelethin. as a bard they were a pain because they'd inevitably sneak into my chords of dissonance. i don't remember ever having to deal with willowisps every five mobs amongst the level 1 ~ 5 stuff

anyway nice work tho, it's really brilliant to play these zones and see 40 people in them again. just feels stale at level 3 ~ 4 because you're forced to fight orcs on the hill as all the other mid-level stuff doesn't exist besides a few types of pixies and the odd roaming centurion
Last edited by Drem; 11-29-2010 at 03:53 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Orc

Agreed, except I think drakelings were added around the time of the newbie armor quests. But I definitely remember higher level bees, bats, and spiders.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Don't remember higher level WASPS in GFay, there are some in LFay though, which I do remember.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Aviak

its just one. there are a lot more in lfay, but gfay had a level 3 to 5 wasp worker that spawned with the newbie mobs by the lifts (and everywhere else)
Old 11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Drem nailed it, if I recall correctly. They should hire a developer to work on the little things like this.
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

The various other wasp types in Gfay were also added with the newbi armor quests in Luclin.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

I definitely remember the wasp and the spider, though I'm worthless when it comes to researching this stuff.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Aviak

nah, there was a worker in gfay. iirc there was even a wasp warrior at level 7 or so. all of the wasps were later turned into armor mobs and started dropping sternites and stuff.... and the forest drakeling was definitely there. i played right before kunark was released and quit in 2001. armor quests didn't exist yet and i remember forest drakelings in gfay, ash drakelings in nektulos, and emerald drakelings in butcherblock

also i almost completely forgot another mob that needs to be in gfay:

basilisk hatchlings. lvl 7 or 8 or somethin. they were massive underconning stun-locking assholes
Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The various other wasp types in Gfay were also added with the newbi armor quests in Luclin.
they weren't added. they were always there. they had loot added to them to associate them with quests. even the wasp drone had loot added to its table in 2002

you can't just look at the first post on allakhazam and assume that's when a mob was introduced

that's just when they suddenly become important enough to ask questions about
Old 11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

I respectfully disagree:

http://web.archive.org/web/200012131....shtml?zone=56

Then look at this:

http://web.archive.org/web/201011292...97124865017967

They were added later. I concede that I might be wrong about when they were added but if I recall correctly they started adding these various mobs shortly before Luclin in preparation for said newbi quests. This would explain why you remember the quest items being added later. Mobs came in one patch, quest items came in a later patch.
Last edited by guineapig; 11-29-2010 at 04:52 PM..
Closed Thread